Overview of Board Member Responsibilities:
- Fulfill the legal responsibilities of duty of care, duty of loyalty, and duty of obedience.
- Uphold PFLAG Springfield’s Code of Ethics and Racial Justice Commitment.
- Be dedicated to the PFLAG Springfield mission and to the vitality of the chapter.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and selected committee meetings; read financial reports, minutes, and all other meeting materials in advance.
- Serve on one or more Board committees: Support, Education, Advocacy, Communications, or Fundraising and Membership.
- Attend at least one support group meeting as part of Board orientation.
- Make an annual financial donation to the chapter within their personal means, in addition to annual membership dues.
- Serve a two-year term with the option of serving up to five terms.
Time Commitment: 3-8+ hours per month:
- 2 hours: Monthly Board meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
- 1/2 hour: Review of Board meeting materials (agenda, minutes, reports, etc.)
- 1/2 hour – 5+ hours: Miscellaneous tasks to support PFLAG operations. This will vary depending on each individual’s area of expertise, committee service, and monthly chapter events.
Interested in Joining? Fill out the form below!