The PFLAG Springfield 2019 Scholarship is dedicated to encouraging and supporting higher education for outstanding LGBTQ+ students.
- The scholarship is for three recipients in the amount of $1000 per recipient.
- The money must be used toward educational expenses.
- Awards will be distributed to the school’s financial aid department upon receipt of a letter of acceptance and verification of enrollment to a certification or degree program.
- Be a resident of Missouri’s Greene, Barry, Cedar, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Jasper, Laclede, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, Ozark, Polk, Stone, Taney, Webster, or Wright counties.
- Accepted to attend, or currently enrolled in a technical/vocational program pursuing certification OR accepted to attend, or currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Be a self-identified LGBTQ+ student.
- Have demonstrated service or a desire to serve the LGBTQ+ community.
Materials and Deadlines
- Your application and required materials must be postmarked or emailed by April 15, 2019.
- A signed and completed scholarship application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your high school or GED transcript and/or your most recent college or university transcript.
- Two sealed letters of reference. References should be from people other than family members.
- A signed and completed release form. A parent or guardian must sign if you are under 18 years of age.
All materials should be sent to:
Attention: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1752
Springfield, MO 65801
Questions? Please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 417.350.5300.
*Application Forms/Letter of Reference sheets can be found in the link below: