PFLAG Springfield started with parents. For more than 25 years, we have been providing peer-to-peer support and resources to make sure that the family members of people who are LGBTQ+ get support in the way that best serves their needs. This allows families to then further support, affirm, and advocate on behalf of their LGBTQ+ children and loved ones.
The PFLAG Parent Support Group occurs virtually on the first Thursday of each month at 7 pm and is open to parents/guardians of LGBTQ+ children. Email us for more information and to access the Zoom call.
- When Someone Comes Out: A PFLAGers Guide to Demonstrating Support and Acceptance, a free seminar and training toolkit from PFLAG National
- Our Children: Questions and Answers for Parents and Families of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning People
- Our Trans Loved Ones: Questions and Answers for Parents, Families, and Friends of People Who Are Transgender and Gender Expansive
- Parents: Quick Tips for Supporting Your LGBTQ Kids–and YOURSELF–During the Coming-Out Process
- Coming Out: Information for Parents of LGBTQ Teens
- Faith In Our Families: Reconciling Your Faith with the Knowledge that a Loved One is LGBTQ+
- Bisexuality 101
- A Guide to Being an Ally to Transgender and Nonbinary Youth
- Pronouns: What are personal pronouns and why do they matter?
Springfield’s LGBTQ+ Community
The below organizations provide services to the LGBTQ+ community in Springfield, MO and beyond. See the Ozarks Inclusion Project for a list of inclusive businesses and organizations that are excited about employing, housing, and offering services to people who identify as LGBTQ+.
- PFLAG Springfield and the PFLAG Support Fund
- The GLO Center
- AIDS Project of the Ozarks
- Rare Breed Youth Services
- The Victim Center
- Men’s Chorus of the Ozarks
- Springfield Black Tie
You can find more local nonprofit and government services at 211helps.org