The PFLAG Springfield Support Fund will provide financial support for LGBTQ+ people and/or their parents and family in order to access counseling or therapy services that they may not seek or be able to afford on their own. The goal of this support is to empower youth and their families to create healthy and affirming homes.
- Funds from the PFLAG Support Fund can be used to pay for counseling, therapy, or other mental health service sessions.
- Providers covered by PFLAG Springfield funds must demonstrate that they are affirming of all people, including LGBTQ+ people and people of color. This can be demonstrated by being listed on the GLO Center’s Ozarks Inclusion Project website (https://ozarksinclusionproject.org/get-listed/)
- Any individual who is a part of a sexual orientation or gender minority group (LGBTQ+ person) and lives in Greene County, Missouri. If the individual is below the age of 18, permission from a parent/guardian is required.
- Parents (biological, foster, or adoptive), guardians, or caretakers of someone who is LGBTQ+.
- If seeking family counseling, siblings or other family who are residing in the same household as an LGBTQ+ person.
- QTIBIPOC people are encouraged to seek support through the PFLAG Springfield Support Fund following the tragic murder of Dominique Lucious.
Application and questions should be sent to email@example.com.